Why your Mindset matters more than your sales tactics
You’d know if you’ve been on one of our Sales Accelerator sales training courses, just how much we LOVE Negotiation!
It’s our favourite topic: why? Because if there’s ONE topic which shines a light on your skillset and mindset, it’s negotiation. If you went to a client thinking “We could move on this, discount on that…” – you’ve already projected a drop in value and begun negotiating before you need to. And you may not need to.
Negotiation top tips
- Understand your value (don’t go in thinking you are going to negotiate right)!
- Know what your client values (and then your value proposition which suits that client)
- Know what your competitors offer (or the clients alternative solution) and how much that aligns with the client
- Know why you are priced the way you are
- Aim for ‘add ons’ and where you can bring value to the client without reducing the rate
When you understand the value of your offering in the market, amidst your competitors, and how it relates to your customer, when you prime your mindset from a place of belief, purpose and energy, only then are you ready to negotiate. We can train you to relate to customers, to sell, to upset and add-on, but the power to change mindset lies within you.
What’s next you ask?
Mindset, Value, Negotiation tactics – we love assisting clients so they experience the results they want in sales, business, mindset, driving performance and success for themselves and their teams.
*Request a 30 minute consultation to see how we can help your business. Call us on 02 9188 5253 or 03 9088 3382 or drop us a line at email@example.com or me directly at Charmaine@smarterselling.com.au
About Smarter Selling: we are Australia’s leading authority in sales, mindset and communication training to help you grow your business FAST!
Blog Author: Charmaine Keegan, Director and Head Trainer brings over 25 years of ‘hands on’ experience to ensure your team get practical, useful guidance on how to understand their value and hold their rate.