The mighty millennials and their impact on sales strategy
Born ’81-’96, they have considerable buying power. They understand media and how it works.
They are the first generation born into a world where accessibility and immediacy is a basic expectation.
1. They expect instant gratification. No need to wait for food – there’s Uber Eats
2. They are native technology users. As salespeople they tend to type directly into a CRM – not handwriting in notepads,
3. Change and evolution of products, concepts and ideas is the norm.
4. They don’t have the baggage of ‘this won’t work, I tried it’.
5. They rely on product reviews.
• picking up the phone to speak with someone
• building relationships over the phone
• knowing there’s a time and place for mobile use • keeping off their phone,
What they need at work:
• progression plans
• to be heard
• flexible hours.
Q: What tips can you share about engaging millennial salespeople in your team? 🙇
Discover more of the trends in the full article.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO ENHANCE YOUR SALES SKILLS?