The most vital minute…
Your client is sold in the first minute
One of two things can happen In the first minute of your interaction with a prospect either they are:
- sold on you or
- they are not sold on you. Then you spend the rest of the time trying to ‘Sell at them, persuading them that you are the right solution’.
The first minute seals the outcome so the key is to focus ‘on the front end’, not the ‘back end’ to ensure that every ‘opening’ is set for success. The successful ‘closing’ takes care of itself.
Be clear on your:
- Mindset – having a growth and commercial mindset
- Intent – why you are engaging with a client (ABC – Always Be Closing – or not)
- Understanding – seek to understand. More questions, more listening.
- Language – body language and verbal: ‘persuasion’ ‘persistent’ ‘pushy’ ‘bothering’ or ‘helping’
- Ability to be the trusted advisor. You are a ‘partner’ assisting them with a solution, educating them.
What to do
Help your team by being positive about remote selling, see it as the future and not as the poor cousin
- Sales Leadership program: for leaders covering 22 units (series of 4 at a time) guiding you through everything you need to know to run a proactive, driven, highly successful team> learn a great deal about personality types! >> chat to us
- Watch the Sales Leadership webinar recording:
Piece written by Charmaine Keegan, author of over 20 eBooks, is a sought-after guest speaker, panellist, and keynote. She is a Certified Trainer Extended Disc System, of Situational Leadership, of NLP (how we operate), Hypnotherapy (unconscious communication) and Timeline Therapy (recognising your beliefs about sales and money – and recognising that of your customer). She has studied the psychology of human behaviour and is considered an absolute authority and true expert on sales techniques. She has ‘walked the walk‘ so her content, programs and key notes are highly practical and focused on results.